June 12, 2013

Fun in the Snow!

Been Awhile... Hi everyone, it seems like I haven't posted in forever, but looking at the date of the last post, I guess that's the truth! LOL Just to give a few details about what's been going on... Folks came down in November for 2 weeks and we had a blast. If you go to my Facebook page pics are posted with more to follow. I made it through the Christmas season and inventory at Hobby Lobby, which was crazy busy and stressful! Work has calmed down a bit, but I'm thinking about a career move, more on that to follow. Then finally Rob and I went on an Alaskan cruise for a week, to celebrate Rob's birthday, the big 50! It was amazing and it's working on this album that has brought me to today's post. Out of all the paper I've got, the pics are this amazing blue and green, and I just don't seem to have the right color of paper in either cardstock or print paper. I'm having to improvise. Of course this applies to my embellishments so...
This first pic is a comparison of where my flowers started and where they ended up. They started as pale pink, salmon, yellow etc. and ended up this amazing forest green with gold highlights.
Here are the tools that I used. I used Pinta alcohol ink but you could easily use the Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks. The Lumiere paint I added with my finger. The paint is a hunter green with gold highlights, which are what I wanted to pop out from the flower.
Here are the final results...

No comments:

Post a Comment