July 11, 2013

Using Stencils

Hi everybody, I've been feverishly working on our Alaska trip and am happy to say I am one and a half layouts away from being finished. I thought I'd start posting some of the finished pages with tips and tricks of the details I used. Here is the latest...
If you've read my other posts you know that this album has been a challenge, just because the colors in the pics are not my usual color scheme, so paper with these colors have been in short supply. I have started using molding paste and stencils to give dimension to my work, so on the tag, I colored the paste with mica powder and used a new stencil I got...
I first painted the tag with Twinkling H2Os, did some stamping with StazOn, then added the paste and let dry. The next photo shows how I used the new Tim Holtz Distress paints...
I painted the Grungboard pieces with the paint, then stamped over it, once dry with the same color of ink pad as the paint. I wanted subtle texture and this worked out perfectly.
Thanks for visiting and be creative!
Take care - Jodie

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Jodie. Adore the pink and green colouring. Special memories too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete